Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Strike, Spare and Gutter Ball

In the holidays my Mum, Dad, Brother and I drove to the bowling center. It was cold outside but when we went inside it was surprisingly warm. My dad went up to the counter and paid for two games. We gave them our shoe sizes so we can get into the game. As my dad finished changing his last shoe, I told him that he was up first.


He got up and picked up a bowling ball and walked and then when he was close enough a quickened his pace then bowled the ball down the straight line. He hit a lot of bowling pins. He picked up his second bowling ball and knocked a couple more pins. The game had started.


It was my mother’s turn and when she bowled I was amazed because she almost got a strike. There was only one bowling pin left. It was really intense. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. I watched roll, roll and roll right past the pin just missing it. It was my brothers turn. He picked up the the ball and knocked down seven pins. My brother picked up his second ball and bowled it down the alley and hit another two pins.


Dad's Score - 8
Mums Score - 9
Brothers Score - 9


It was my turn I picked up the ball. It was too light and my fingers were too big. I went to go and get another one ....... I came back five minutes later with a new ball. I power walked past my family all the way to the alley swung the ball backwards then released it when it came back. The ball rolled straight to the Gutter. I yelled in my mind Gutter Ball. Noooo! I said to myself again   “Don't worry just get a spare in the next bowl”. I started again, I walked up to the alley and boom. I bowled and it was going straight threw the middle and then that's where it happened. It started wobbling, it kept wobbling and then it curved straight into the gutter. “This is going to be a bad day of bowling” I thought.


Dad’s Score - 008
Mums Score - 009
Brothers Score - 009
My Score - 000

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.